A Little Bit About Me....

 Hi, welcome to my blog! My name is Allyse La Fountain, and I'm in the Art 200x class at UAF. I enjoy writing short stories and reading novels. One of my favorite hobbies is cooking and baking; there's nothing better for me than sharing my love through food. I have two fur babies an eight-year-old Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix named Harley and a thirteen-year-old Shih Tzu named Joey. I work full-time and attend college, but I still manage to make time for my loved ones. I am majoring in Elementary Education and am excited for my future as a teacher! I am nineteen years old, and I'm excited about 2023 because, during the Ticketmaster debacle, I scored two seats on the Taylor Swift tour in Atlanta, Georgia. 

Here is a piece of art I find appealing:


   I would not classify myself to be an artistic person. I enjoy using the medium watercolor for painting, and my favorite way to create art is through ceramics. For me, art is a hobby rather than a form of self-expression. I have a few of my watercolor paintings and ceramic pieces on display, but most of my artwork for decoration is bought from professional artists. I have never attended First Fridays and need to learn what First Fridays is. I enjoy going to art museums, and I have since I was a little girl. I remember my first experience in an art museum on a school field trip in San Antonio, Texas, when I was eight years old. Walking into the museum was an incredible feeling, and I remember almost everyone in my class gasped at the extensive paints hanging down from the wall at the entrance. Looking at the art was a new experience, and we even had a professional artist come in near the end of the trip that taught was different ways we could paint, whether it be acrylic, oil, watercolor, charcoal, etc. We all got to create a piece of artwork that day, and my parents still have it on the wall. Ever since my first trip to an art museum, I have tried to visit one every couple of months. 



Comments

  1. First Friday's are fun! The first Friday of the month the art galleries in many towns host an open house. The artists are frequently on hand, there is food and you never know who you'll run into. Fairbanks has a vibrant art scene if you are in Fairbanks. Unlike many museums, these events are free. Thanks for the introduction. I taught Elementary School music for 21 years in Fairbanks. It was a great career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Allyse, great first blog post! Your dogs sound cute; my family pet is a Toy Poodle named Dudley and I just adopted a 3-month-old Shih Tzu, Pomeranian, Poodle mix named Samwise (Sam). Becoming an elementary school teacher sounds great! I would love to do some teaching work one day for middle school, it sounds like a really rewarding job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allyse! Wow, I love ceramic art and wish I would have taken the opportunity in high school to learn more about it. It has always fascinated me! Being an elementary school teacher sounds like it is always a fun entertaining day! Great first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allyse, I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am also majoring in elementary education. I have loved going to museums when I was little as well, although I do not go very often. I hope you do well in this course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allyse, I really enjoyed your first blog post. I am also majoring in elementary education. I have always liked to bake for my family and friends. I hope you do well this course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Modern Era: Diversity

The Romantic Era